Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Shiva is not a destroyer!


Once, a seeker met Lord Shiva, and said " Although millions of people around the world worship you, and we all love you very much, but, my Lord , we are afraid of you also"

"Why?" asked Shiva.

"Because it is said that you are the destroyer, that you end the Universe"

" Really? " answered Shiva,  " Now, tell me, how am I supposed to destroy the world?"

" By opening your third eye, wherever you shift your gaze then, turns to ashes."

    " That is the legend, the story,the mythology. Now, listen to the philosophy. At the personal level, the destruction of illusions, makes the meditator enlightened. This is the opening of Gyan Chakshu, this is the whole path of the yogis. The gaze of the discriminating mind destroys wrong previous concepts and illusions. Whatever scriptures such a man reads, he interprets rightly, whatever situation he encounters, he understands. The mind of spiritual discrimination destroys falsehood and delusion. At the transpersonal or cosmic level, I am a paradox however. My capability is to destroy the whole cosmic play. But, if I use only half my power, to destroy the destruction processes themselves, verily. I become the course expansion. So using half your power doubles your strength. It also takes double your strength to use half your power. Meditate upon this! " Said Shiva.


  " Aha, destruction, paving the way for creation. I understand my Lord", said the seeker." Like we have a defrost button in a refrigerator, which enables us to defrost the frozen zones, leaving the other, major portions intact. Destruction, paving way for creation. So you too, only thaw out the parts of mankind  which are frozen in ignorance!"

Shiva smiled at the seeker's understanding.and said simply, " Yes. That is my role. To Get mankind back on the track, to goodness and Godness, Kindness and Divinity "

" Aha, My Lord, It is obvious now, that although your symbol, the Shivalinga is a symbol of creation, they still call you the destroyer, this is a paradox."

      " Yes", said Shiva, " And you are learning to cut through the paradox."

~ Derived from the book

~ From the book The Yogi and the snake ( conversations with God Shiva)


Amazon Link for Downloading an E version of the FULL book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LA9ZU4G

No comments: