Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

TO MANIFEST A GOD!



“Place this bilva leaf over the top of the Shivalinga,” said the priest.
Himavat gently placed a leaf over the Shivalinga and Parvati followed suit with Her tender hands.
“Now hold the golden vessel firmly, and pour the water over the Shivalinga, and say Aum Namah Shivaye,” said the priest.
“Aum Namah Shivaye,” said Himavat loudly and poured water.
Parvati nodded Her head and carried out the priest’s instructions immaculately.
“Aum Namah Shivaye. Aum Namah Shivaye…”
A bilva leaf slid from the top and came to rest at the centre. It was the one that Parvati had placed. The priest was about to pick it up and put it back when he noticed something amazing:
The leaf had slid and come to such a strategic point, it started looking like the eyes and nose of the Shivalinga. The next words that the priest said, were to be forever etched into Parvati’s soul.
“You have made Shiva come alive!”
“Ah, but pundit ji, I am alive because of Shiva. We are all alive because of Him…”
Himavat smiled at his young daughter’s wisdom.
“And one day, I shall meet Him,” continued Parvati.
Himavat smiled at Her faith.
“And then, I shall marry Him,” Parvati shocked the entire assembly of priests present in the ancient temple, but Himavat marvelled at Her conviction.






“Father, I need to speak to you about something,” said Parvati one day.
“Hmm… I know from your very tone my dear, that what you are going to speak about is important to you,” replied Himavat, indulging the conversation.
“Father, you know it’s going to be my eighteenth birthday next week.”
“Of course, my dearest, how can I ever forget? It’s the best day of my life!”
“Hmm… so what are you planning to gift me, Father?” Parvati smiled.
“Why, anything that you wish, if it is in my domain.”
“Yes, I will ask you something that is very much in your domain,” replied Parvati with a twinkle in Her eye.
“Tell me!” exhorted Himavat.
“Well, Father, as you know, I have been worshipping Shiva ever since I gained control of my senses.”
“Yes.”
“And all these years Shiva has been away from Kailash, no one has been able to even ‘see’ Him.”
“Yes.”
“But you, Father… I have been told, you get to meet Him every month.”
“Yes, that’s true because I go every month to visit Him and make sure that He has everything He needs.”
“Then take me too, Father! On my birthday. I want to ‘see’ the real Shiva, not just a darsana of His Shivalinga in the old temple.”
“Alright,” said Himavat. He smiled at how Nature was unfolding things.



~ From the book SHIVA, The Ultimate Time Traveller. Part 2 (Humesha) by Shail Gulhati.

For those of you who loved reading Shiva, The Ultimate Time Traveller part one, the good news is that part two is now Available on Amazon
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HVY1PPS ( India)
and
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HVY1PPS ( USA )

No comments: