Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2019

The centre of Shiva's world.


One day, Shiva told Sati , “It is said of me that I do not incarnate. And yet I can vouchsafe of your love that you are one who can make even Shiva manifest. That makes you an enchanting sorceress! The original Bhaktin  indeed!”
“Me, a sorceress! And what are you?” She asked “You, who have hypnotized the whole Universe, especially me.”
“I am Shiva, the yogi, ever immersed in Shiva, the tattva. And yet… and yet, so much in love with Tattva as Sati!” He smiled.

“Why do they call you a Brahmchari then?” Sati asked.


Shiva understood that this was not actually a casual question. He had come to realise Sati’s innate wisdoms, which were often expressed in Her innocent questions; the answers to which could benefit all spiritual-seekers.

“I told you, asana is only a seat for yoga, not yoga itself, so too the physical restraint of Brahmcharya, is only a seat for Brahm acharya, being established in Godhead.” He replied.

“Aha, I see, but then why do I feel so deeply in love with you, even deeper than my admiration of your spiritual Nature?” Sati persisted.

“In the beginning was the One.

And he thought, may I be two, may I be many.
To love and to be loved.
And so the universe came into being.”

“Ah, lovely,” said Sati.

“Yes. And an electrifying attraction happens in love.
A spiritual preceptor can also bedazzle you with one look.”

“Yes, for sure,” said Sati.

“Only later, you realise that love and spirituality run on the same current,” Shiva replied with mystic precision that was His paradoxical hallmark. “Life is still the One, playing with itself, discovering itself.”
“With many, many layers to its own gifts...” Sati thought dreamily.

Even His smile was profound. Everything about Him was the embodiment of wisdom. Sati noticed that there were traces of this wisdom even when He joked.

“Tell me you love me,” She said one day. “Prove it with your poems and poetic words.”

“Oh, but I do love you,” He said.“And it’s when you specifically ask me to say that I love you, I find myself speechless; such are your charms and magic,” Shiva laughed.

“Really?” Sati was pleased. “So go on, tell me more.”

“Before I met you, I had no wants. I was okay with everything that already was, but now…”
“Now?”
“Now it’s all changed, it’s all different”
“How?”
“Now you have become the centre of my Universe"

“Oh, really? But you are aloof for days on end…and I thought it’s me for whom you don’t have any time…”

“That’s only when some very technical thought comes to me. Then I can’t let go until I see it to its logical culmination,” He looked at Her.

“Yes, I know. I know, and I understand, Chintan,” She said.

“But then, when I see you, and I see us together in this world, it all takes on a whole new meaning! The world is such a great place to be, with you by my side. I never thought I would want anything so much as your company.”

~ From the book
  SHIVA, The Ultimate Time Traveller. Part 2. (Humesha)
  Available on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HVY1PPS




1 comment: